You can help people cleaning up after Hurricane Harvey by donating items and funds for buckets we are assembling!
We are working with a number of groups to fill Hurricane Relief Buckets! Thanks to everyone who has donated cleaning items! If you’d like to donate, use this link!
We’ll start filling the buckets on Sunday, September 10 at 2pm upstairs at Abba Java Coffeehouse! There will be other student volunteers, ice cream to keep you moving, and God’s Work. Our Hands. t-shirts if you like!
Filling buckets will continue on Monday, September 11 at 6:30 pm! Pizza will be provided, so come join the project!
Items we’ll be sorting include:
- Liquid laundry detergent o One 50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottle(s) only
- Liquid household cleaner o 12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water o No spray cleaners
- Dish soap o 16-28 oz. bottle, any brand
- 50 Clothespins
- Clothesline o One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines o Cotton or plastic
- 7 Sponges o No cellulose sponges due to mold issues o Remove from packaging
- 24-Roll heavy-duty trash bags o 33-45 gallon sizes o Remove from the box
- 18 Cleaning wipes o Handi-wipes or reusable wipes o No terry cleaning towels
- 1 Can air freshener o Aerosol or pump
- 1 Insect-repellant spray o 6-14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
- 2 Pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves o Should be durable enough for multiple uses o Remove from packaging
- 1 Pair work gloves o All Cotton o All Leather o Cotton with Leather Palm
- 5 Scouring pads o No stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
- 1 Scrub brush o Plastic or wood handle
- 5 Dust masks
All donations are tax-deductible and every penny will be used for cleaning supplies! Feel free to share with friends and family!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.