Leadership Team Member Position Description
Interfaith Table is seeking three or four Penn State students for the Interfaith Table Leadership Team for the 2018 – 2019 academic year. These positions are for students in their Sophomore year or higher.
Interfaith Table is a year-long project bringing together students from a variety of religious backgrounds for dinner and conversation once a month through the academic year. These dinners will invite participants to talk about issues and ideas relevant to student life, and create opportunities for students to develop relationships and make meaningful connections across religious groups. Interfaith Table participants will talk together, then blog about the conversations on the Interfaith Table website in order to share their learning with the wider university community.
Interfaith Table at Penn State is an Interfaith Youth Corps-funded project overseen by campus minsters from Wesley Penn State and Lutheran Campus Ministry.
Leadership Team Members will work together to meet the following expectations:
- Participate in Orientation and Training in late August 2018
- Meet monthly with campus ministers from Wesley Penn State and Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Develop and carry out a plan for publicity and recruiting participants
- Develop and distribute publicity materials about Interfaith Table
- Recruit dinner participants for the fall and for the spring semester
- Plan topics for discussion over dinners
- Facilitate dinner conversations
- Maintain blog posts and follow up with participants about blogging
- Create and maintain Interfaith Table website/blog on PSU Sites
- Assist with meal details as needed
- Make meeting room reservations as needed
Each Interfaith Table Leadership Team member will receive a $500 stipend for their work ($250 Fall semester, $250 Spring semester) and is expected to work approximately 8 hours each month on the project. This time includes meetings and dinners.
If you have questions, contact Alicia Anderson, email@example.com.