Stuffed French Toast Bake
• 12 slices firm bread, remove crusts, cubed
• 8 ounces of cream cheese, cubed or softened
• 8 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup of syrup ( I prefer maple syrup.)
• 2 cups of milk
• Fruit, your preference – strawberries, peaches, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries etc. (This is optional, but so yummy.)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 2 TB sugar (optional)
• 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Butter 9×13 baking dish. Layer half of bread cubed pieces. Cover with softened cream cheese, by layering cubed cream cheese pieces, and then generously layer your choice of fruit. Have fun with the fruit choices. I have used a mixture of every fruit imaginable. Cover with remaining bread. Blend eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla, and pour over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight or minimum of one hour. Preheat oven, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
Serve with whip cream and syrup.