Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 – 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (12 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can niblet corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 can enchilada sauce, red or green to taste
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, the chiles and sour cream.
- Layer 3 corn tortillas in baking dish, overlapping as necessary and placing slightly up sides of dish (cut third tortilla in half). Top with about half of the chicken mixture, black beans and corn. Then add half of the enchilada sauce. Layer with 3 more tortillas and remaining chicken mixture, black beans and corn. Top with remaining tortillas overlapping slightly (do not place up sides of dish). Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish casserole or individual servings with onions, lettuce and tomato.
Serve with salad, corn chips and enjoy!
For a vegetarian option, just leave out the chicken and increase the sour cream a little – very creamy!